Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Sea

I dream of a time when I can visit the sea. It seems there will be something missing if I should never touch soft salinity of the ocean.

Sand and the Shadow
A shadow--long and distorted,
Its image pressed into wet sand--
Waits.
The fog of once before dissipates;
Clarity and wisdom remain.
In awe, she stands still,
Watching rare, sacred silent waves
Slide over wounded sand.
Dancing ripples sparkle and fuse
Into a sleepy sun.
She sucks moist air,
Drawing the essence from a tranquil sea.
In this place,
There is purpose.
Finding her peace,
She shifts her weight slightly,
Forcing sand between toes,
And waits.

Shauna Chan©


2 comments:

StarCat70 said...

Thank you zahl4. I'm happy to know you enjoyed it. Take care!
SC

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to visit the ocean again, to see it in the way you see it!!
g