Wednesday, October 29, 2008

to the left, to the left...

Turn off background music HERE, then come back up.


There's a blog in the LA Times I came across today, written by a Republican. It is about Hollywood conservatives, their possible leanings toward Obama for president, and the reasoning behind it.

The full article can be found HERE.

While my own leanings tend to veer a bit to the left, I do not vote blindly. And though I don't care much what Hollywood has to say about politics (the shrieks from both sides I find annoying), points made in the blog made some sense.

It does seem true, McCain and Obama are both divisive in a sense. McCain's warfare, cultural. Obama's warfare, class. The differences amongst people are now magnified. Can our next president pull it together?

There was a time, I believed McCain to be honorable and a fairly decent choice for president. So, I wasn't worried much if he'd be elected. That changed. Dramatically. Now, I'm terrified he could win the election. The Palin pick was just the beginning. The erratic, almost hateful, manner in which McCain has been running his campaign, validates my concern.

A discussion earlier this month on CNN:

Thank you crown416 for sharing this vid.


At this point, Obama's temperament and overall organization seem to win, despite how some feel about taxes and the social issues.

No comments: