Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How to Make an Animated GIF for Tumblr



I remember years ago, there was a wondrous place called MySpace. I know, it seems nearly defunct now, but at one time, it was the place to be. You could post photos, music playlists and animated GIFs. It seemed everyone was making those GIFs and putting them in their comments. I couldn't wait to figure out how to make them, too. There were, and still are, websites out there that help you make them for free. Just Google "animated gif maker" and you'll see what I mean. But the first ones I ever created were made using an old version Photoshop and Image Ready 2.0.

Now, we have Tumblr to post those still popular magical moving images. And now, I've got some slightly newer software, Photoshop Elements 7.0.

It has been quite some time since I made an animated GIF, since lately I've been animating with the likes of Anime Studio Pro 6 and DrawPlusX5. Though, after a little brushing up with Photoshop, I made a couple of them fairly easily.

It got me thinking, there might be others out there who've wondered how it's done, like I did back in the MySpace days. So, I made a video about it. Enjoy! (^.^)/

No comments: